Memories...and Milestones (Pt 2)
Ah merr gawwd, it's 2017! Happy New Year! I'm sunning myself on holiday but in my new, super organised mode, I've lined up this post to share my goals for 2017. After looking back on 2016, although proud of some fitness achievements, I've decided 2017 is the year to smash some solid milestones! Here they are:
1. Run February's London Winter 10km. By the time I'm back from holiday, I'll only have three weeks until the race, so I'll have to get on it! Luckily we've been running 6-7km in Winter Run Club, but I would like to get in some more speed sessions to beat my only ever 10km race, back in 2013 (I always thought my time was 57mins but I've just looked it up and it was 54:56...so a bit better time to beat, eek!).
2. Run the Berlin Half Marathon with my friend Bex. As soon as I've finished the Winter Run, I need to start upping the distance to train for this half marathon the first weekend in April. I love running in new places and this will be my first race abroad! Again, not to put the pressure on but I would like to get a PB. I've never trained for a half that hasn't been my marathon pace so hopefully my PB in 2014's Bath Half (1:57) is beatable...I did however injure myself in this race that meant I've never trained long distance without IT band injury and niggles again so I need to be careful.
3. 2017 is not all about running - I've also signed up to The London Triathalon. Waaa!! That means learning to swim properly (I've never, ever done front crawl) and getting back on the bike after only ever cycling 40 miles once without any training. This is going to need some epic training.
4. I don't think I can train for a triathalon and get a PB in a half without having a look at my running style so I stop injuring myself. Prevention is better than cure so I am vowing to get some running coaching to rid myself of bad habits.
5. I'm loving blogging when I make time for it, and now the blog is up and running (and four months in), I want to ensure I set aside enough time to continue developing my site. I was pretty chuffed I manage to put together this site on my own, but I might need some help tidying up a few nits and improving certain areas.
6. I'd like to complete Kayla Itsines programme once. I've started it three times, the latest time getting to eight weeks. It's my year to complete it #kaylasarmy.